Free Initial Assessment

Direct lawyer contact

No hidden costs

Prompt response

Fully accredited

Personal Injury

Road Traffic Accident Compensation

Road traffic accidents are unpleasant, and they can have serious consequences. If you were involved in a road accident that was not your fault, our personal injury solicitors can help you to claim compensation. We will guide you throughout the process, answer all your questions, and secure the best possible outcome for you.

Call us 0808 304 7471

When can I make a claim?

You normally have three years from the date of the accident to claim compensation. However, there are exceptions:

  • Claims can be made at any time for children under 18 years old. After they have turned 18, they have until the age of 21 to make a claim.
  • Accidents abroad may follow different timescales, depending upon the country.
  • There is no time limit for making a claim where a person lacks mental capacity. If mental capacity is regained, the three-year time limit starts from that point.
  • When an injury has been caused deliberately by a criminal act, compensation can be claimed through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The time limit to claim is two years from the incident.

Get in touch

Contact our expert team today and receive your free initial assessment

How do I make a claim?

Although you usually have three years from the date of the accident to claim compensation, it is better to seek legal advice as soon as possible. If you act quickly following the accident, your memory and the memories of your witnesses are still fresh.

Davisons Law starts road traffic accident claims by letting you know whether you are eligible to make a claim and whether your claim is worth pursuing. We gather evidence to support your claim and identify who is responsible for the accident. We try and obtain an early admission of fault to try and recover compensation early to cover your immediate needs.

Sometimes the person who is at fault will not accept responsibility. If you are involved in a claim where liability is contested, our solicitors seek to relieve some of the stress by working hard to settle the matter on your behalf.

We are dedicated to making sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation and seek to ensure you have access to medical support, rehabilitation, and essential resources you need.

Do I have to use the solicitor recommended by my insurance company?

Most insurance companies have a list of solicitors they work with. However, under the Insurance Companies (Legal Expenses Insurance) Regulations Act 1990, you can choose your own solicitor to represent you.

Our expert solicitors have the knowledge, experience and confidence to strongly pursue your case to achieve the best outcome.

If you decide to use the solicitor appointed by your insurance company, it is important to carry out your own research to ensure they have extensive experience of road traffic accident claims to protect your interests.

How much can I claim?

The amount of compensation you can claim depends on the impact your injuries have on your life now and are likely to have in future.

The following factors are considered:

  • Your physical and mental suffering
  • Medical expenses
  • Travel expenses
  • Modifications made to your home and your car
  • Any special equipment you need
  • Loss of earnings – both now and in the future
  • Damage to your vehicle or other personal property
  • The cost of hiring a replacement vehicle and any other losses.

Why choose Davisons to claim road traffic accident compensation?

Financial compensation cannot reverse the emotional trauma of the accident. However, it can ensure you receive some redress.

We have successfully secured compensation greater than the amounts normally offered by insurance companies. We have helped where insurance companies have taken an unreasonable length of time to pay or have not provided the right level of compensation.

We will make sure you understand the claims process and guide you throughout.

Costs, timescales and likely outcomes will be explained using plain English. When we start work for you, we promise to be available to answer any queries or questions.

Have any questions or need any help?

Our team of specialist lawyers are experts in their field. Be confident in their advice and decisions to help get the right outcome for you. Contact us today to see how we can help

Road Traffic Accident Compensation FAQs

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) recorded that 16,884 cyclists were injured in reported road accidents in 2019, which is a shocking number.

If you have been injured whilst cycling and it was not your fault, then you may be able to claim compensation. Even accidents that do not involve other road users can result in successful claims.

You can claim compensation from the Highways Agency or local council if you have been injured because of a pothole or a road defect. You may also be able to claim for accidents involving animals and defective equipment (such as traffic lights), as well as collisions with car doors and road traffic collisions.

At Davisons, we deal with cycling accidents regularly, so please talk to us if you think you may be entitled to a compensation claim.

A medical examination is an important part of your claim. The amount of compensation you receive is based on the medical report.

The report details:

  • The extent of your injuries
  • How your injuries have impacted your life
  • How long it is likely to take you to recover
  • Your medical needs both now and in the future
  • Rehabilitation treatment required.

When you make a road traffic accident claim, we will arrange a medical examination for you. We will thoroughly investigate your claim to ensure you receive the compensation and care you need.