What are the early warning signs of domestic violence?
These are some early warning signs of domestic abuse, but people’s experiences vary.
- Changing your behaviour or ‘walking on eggshells’ because you are terrified of upsetting the person?
- Becoming more critical of yourself because you feel as though everything you do is wrong?
- Feeling pressured into doing things you do not want to do?
- Finding that your freedom and privacy is being restricted because you are being monitored?
- Feeling guilty if you spend time with other people?
- Having to ask permission to use your own money?
- Finding that your money is being spent without your permission?
Whatever form it takes, domestic abuse is unacceptable. No one should ever be made to feel scared or threatened in their own home.